Safety of extension leads and power boards
Replace any lead that has damage to the extent that you can see any internal insulation or if it has been crushed.
Replace any old power boards that do not have an overload button.
It’s not advisable to put any lead under carpets or put anything on top of them.
- They will overheat and possibly cause a fire when fully loaded.
- They may sustain hidden damage resulting in fire and / or shock danger.
- Extension leads and power boards are designed for temporary supply of appliances.
- Do not use extension leads or power boards for heaters or high power appliances.
- Have extra power points installed for long term or high power appliances.
- We can not pass any lead that is not fully visible or has any damage.